15-Year-Old Thai Boy Beaten Up By Teenage Thugs For Being “Too Handsome”
He was unconscious for two days following the attack but has since recovered.
He was unconscious for two days following the attack but has since recovered.
So we’ve all heard of pretty privilege, but have you heard of someone getting bullied because of their good looks?
Sadly, that’s what happened to a 15-year-old Thai teenager named Mooyong, who was beaten up by a group of thugs in his hometown of Ban Dung, Udon Thani for being “too handsome”.
Recounting the attack that happened earlier this month, Mooyong told Thai media outlet Channel 3 that he was on the way to the barber with four friends when they ran into a group of four youngsters.
The group were raring for a fight and made Mooyong and his friends get off their motorcycles.
When Mooyong asked the thugs why they were being so aggressive, he was told that they were “jealous of his good looks”. He and his friends soon realised they couldn’t do anything when they found out the thugs had two guns in their possession.
Mooyong was then hit on the neck and he lost consciousness on the spot.
In their haste to seek help, his friends dragged him by his foot along the road, injuring him further in the process.
Mooyong was admitted to the hospital on the night of the attack and was unconscious for the next two days. Thankfully, he made a full recovery.
According to reports, Mooyong’s attackers are also teens, aged 12 to 16.
When interviewed, residents from Mooyong’s neighbourhood revealed that his attackers were from several neighbouring towns. They claimed that the same group had shot a person the month before, but the authorities made no move to hold them accountable for their actions.
As of press time, despite pressure from the town’s residents, the police and authorities have yet to publicly address Mooyong’s case.
Photos: thethaiger.com, Channel 3
PETALING JAYA: Danish No. 1 mixed doubles pairing of Mathias Christiansen and... read more
PERIKATAN Nasional’s Batu Tiga candidate Datuk Seri Rina Harun (pic) has vowed... read more
After two workers from a wholesale market in Kuala Lumpur tested positive... read more
SIBU: Police detained two men on Tuesday (Aug 1) in connection with... read more
KUALA LUMPUR: Heitech Padu Bhd has proposed a private placement of 10.12 million new... read more
KUALA LUMPUR: The list of trainees recruited for the National Service Training... read more
KUALA LUMPUR: A former director of SRC International Sdn Bhd Datuk Suboh... read more
KUALA LUMPUR: Putrajaya is considering whether to reinstate the overseas travel ban... read more
KUALA LUMPUR: Former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak has applied to... read more
SHAH ALAM: Former Banting assemblyman Lau Weng San has been appointed Selangor... read more

Leave a Reply