Hershey’s Spreading Love And Care To The Frontliners With Lots Of Kisses And Positive Vibesjessie tan
We have all had our share of hardships during the pandemic. But! As the saying goes, love makes the world go round — and so does goodness! In these trying times, a little bit of care goes a long way. As such, Hershey’s Malaysia literally sent “kisses” as a show of appreciation to the healthcare providers at Hospital Putrajaya. What’s more, the popular chocolate brand also mobilized some ‘secret agents’ to assist them in spreading the love around.
Lots Of Kisses From Hershey’s To The Frontliners
Recently, Hershey’s Malaysia Business Manager for South Asia, James Tan visited Putrajaya Hospital and expressed his heartfelt gratitude to the frontliners. “On behalf of Hershey’s and GBA Corporation, our business partner in Malaysia, we truly appreciate the effort of the frontline team, especially our healthcare personnel, as we face this current pandemic.”
In the spirit to uphold the company’s mission; ‘Bringing sweet moments of Hershey’s happiness to the world every day’ in times of good and bad, Hershey’s is eager to bring smiles to Hospital Putrajaya’s staff. “It is our great pride to bring smiles to Hospital Putrajaya’s staff through our humble contribution of Hershey’s Chocolates.”
Touched by this goodwill gesture, Assistant Director of Putrajaya Hospital Management En Mohd Al Muqamar bin Azmi Amin was grateful that the company recognized the frontliners in this pandemic battle. “We are doing all that we can to provide high standards of healthcare not only to Covid-19 patients but also the daily patients that require our medical attention.”
“Knowing our sacrifices are not in vain and acknowledged by the private sector, it definitely brightens our days and positively impacts our mental strength to continue giving our best,” he said before receiving boxes of Hershey’s Kisses from Hershey’s Malaysia representatives.
Sending Malaysian Influencers On A Quest To Spread Goodness
Amidst the current pandemic, it is not all doom and gloom. Hershey’s believes in making a difference to the community with its “Shared Goodness” philosophy. This time, they are dedicated to bringing sweet moments to consumers through its latest #BringingGoodnessToTheWorld campaign. Goodness has the power to change the world, and Hershey’s aims to cultivate a culture of bringing goodness to the world and the people around.
For starters, Hershey’s assigned selected influencers such as Azfar Heri and Durian Kimchi with Hershey’s extraordinary care package to be shared with their loved ones. Believing that gratitude is the first step in bringing goodness, influencers are encouraged to share the goodwill with their followers as well. In hopes that the followers will be inspired to ‘pay it forward’ and spread the joy to others as well – while standing a chance to win Hershey’s giveaway
Show Your Support And Bake Away!
Good vibes come from great food. Thus, different influencers are given the task of concocting special recipes using Hershey’s products, with hopes to warm people’s hearts and continue to bring goodness during this pandemic. These influencers will show off their culinary creation with their followers, who can then participate in a Hershey’s giveaway contest by trying out the recipes themselves!
Sabby Prue’s Recipe – Seasalt Caramel Tiramisu
- 1 cup whipping cream (to be mixed in a stand mixer)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (to be mixed into Hershey’s Seasalt Caramel Chips)
- 500g Marscapone Cheese
- Granulated sugar (Optional – if you want it to be sweeter)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of coffee (cooled down)
- 40-pieces of lady fingers sponges (you can buy at baking supplies stores or you can make it your own)
- 200g Hershey’s Seasalt CAramel Chips
- Hershey’s Cocoa Powder
- Melt Hershey’s Seasalt Caramel Chips with whipping cream in the microwave and let it cool in the fridge.
- In a bowl, mix mascarpone cheese, vanilla essence, and sea salt caramel until well-incorporated.
- In a stand mixer bowl, add in whipping cream and beat until you get a soft peak.
- Gently fold the whipping cream into the caramel mixture in half.
- Then add in the remaining whipping cream and gently fold until it is all well mixed.
- In a container, line a layer of ladyfingers sponges dipped in coffee.
- Followed by a layer of caramel cheese mixture and cocoa powder.
- Repeat the process until the container is full.
- Refrigerate it overnight or at least 5 hours.
- Enjoy it with your loved ones!
Sally Sam Saiman’s Recipe – Double Choc Chip Cookie
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg (Size A or B)
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of Hershey’s Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup of chocolate chip (HERSHEY’S Semi-Sweet & Special Dark Chocolate Chips)
- Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Chips & Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup (For decoration)
- In a bowl, add melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Stir well.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until it is well combined.
- Pour in Hershey’s Cocoa Powder, baking soda, salt, and all-purpose flour. Mix it until it turns into a batter.
- Throw in the chocolate chip cookies and stir it all together.
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for 15 – 60 minutes.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons worth of batter and lay it in the baking tray.
- Add some chocolate chips on top before baking for gooier cookies.
- Bake it at 180°C for 8 minutes.
- Drizzle some Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup on top to make it extra chocolatey.
Ariz Lufias’s Recipe – Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of Hershey’s Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
- Hershey’s Sea Salt Caramel Choc Chip
- Hershey’s White Choc Chip
- Hershey’s Dark Choc Chip
- In a bowl, pour flour, Hershey’s cocoa powder, and baking soda. Stir well.
- In a mixer, throw in the butter and sugar and whip it until it gets a creamy texture.
- Add in both dry and wet ingredients together and mix the batter until it is well combined.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Shape your cookies and place them in the tray.
- Add the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in a 180°C preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and enjoy!
Let’s Help Each Other To Stay Positive
These are timely initiatives by Hershey’s Malaysia, in view of the latest round of movement control orders as the pandemic is not over. Let’s join hands to spread sweet moments, good cheer, and positivity to each other, and do all that we can to stay safe and healthy.