This Is Out How Much WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon Paid For His New Car
This is the idol’s first car he is buying for himself.
We know there is one thing that idols love most after their fans, their cars!
From G-Dragon‘s Lamborghini to Jeon Somi‘s Mercedes G-Wagon, K-Pop idols love their cars and aren’t afraid to show them off.
And now, after waiting ten years, WINNER member Kang Seung Yoon (also known as Kang Seungyoon) has just bought his first car in cold, hard cash! Let’s find out what the idol is driving.
On the July 29 episode of MBC‘s I Live Alone, Kang Seung Yoon and fellow WINNER member Song Mino visited a used car dealership because Kang Seung Yoon was looking to buy a car.
I finally bought my first car after working so hard.
— Kang Seung Yoon
Song Mino accompanied his member, not as moral support, but to make sure Kang Seung Yoon, who is susceptible to being persuaded, didn’t find himself in a bad deal. Song Mino, who owns an Aston-Martin, knows a thing or two about buying a vehicle.
There aren’t many industries in Korea with a worse reputation than a used car salesman. Every year there are many reports of victims scammed by used car salesman.
Song Mino stated in the episode that he was happy for Kang Seung Yoon as this would be the first car that he bought for himself. It was later revealed that Kang Seung Yoon drove had bought his mother a car and has since drivn her 1999 model vehicle.
As this was the first car he would be buying for himself, Kang Seung Yoon stated he was looking for a newer-model vehicle that was larger than a mid-size sedan for his pets, and he looked good driving.
I’m so proud of you, you worked so hard for these 10 years.
— Song Mino
After looking at several vehicles, the idol decided to buy a Genesis GV80 SUV. The idol then showed his class by wiring the car’s purchase price of ₩69.8 million KRW (about $53,600 USD) on the spot.
The Genesis GV80 is a gorgeous SUV and has become very popular with Koreans since the car made its debut. The car features an impressive front grille and an aggressive silhouette contrasted by its elegant interior.
Netizens who watched the episode congratulated the idol in the comments sections.
- “Kang Seung Yoon seems like a very decent person <3.”
- “Whatever these guys do, they are always so adorable. The fact he cares about his pet is so touching.”
- “Kang Seung Yoon is the real deal.”
- “With how much he earns, he really could have bought a new car, but the fact that he bought a used car shows that he has his priorities straight. Watching WINNER is so healing. They should make him a regular on the show.”
- “I heard Seung Yoon doesn’t even use credit cards. Not only is he great at what he does, but he is a great person and a great friend. I hope their chemistry continues for a long time.”
- “Congratulations, Kang Seung Yoon, on your first car <3.”
Regardless of what Kang Seung Yoon chooses to drive, WINNER fans are happy for the idol and his members who recently released the album Holiday and its bop of a single, “I Love U.”
Don’t worry if you haven’t listened to the song yet, we got you in the link below!