5 Things You Need To Know About PM Muhyiddin’s Covid-19 Updatejessie tan
Malaysian Prime Minister, Muhyddin, has just announced a nationwide lockdown of selected facilities scheduled to take effect from 18th March (Wednesday) till 31st March 2020. The declaration was made during a live press conference held today at 10pm (16th March 2020).
Here’s what you need to know:
1. All mass gatherings nationwide including activities associated with religion, sports, society and culture are banned
o enforce this restriction, all organisations and businesses will be closed down excluding supermarkets, sundry shops and shops that sell essential goods.
For Muslims, all mosque and surau activities including Friday prayers will be suspended following the enactment established on 15th March 2020.
2. All Malaysians are banned from travelling abroad
For Malaysians who are travelling back into the country from overseas will have to undergo health check ups and self-quarantine themselves for 14 days.
3. All tourists and non-Malaysian visitors are banned from entering the country
4. All education premises or institutes are to be closed
This include kindergartens, government and private schools including daily schools, boarding schools, international schools, tahfiz centers and other primary, secondary and pre-university institutions as well as public and private institutions (IPTs) and skills training institutes nationwide.
5. All government and private premises except those involved in essential services are to be closed
Essential services include water, electricity, energy, telecommunications, postal, transportation, irrigation, oil, gas, fuel, lubricants, broadcasting, finance, banking, health, pharmacy, fire, prison, port, airport, safety, defense, cleaning, retail and food supply), are to be implemented.
PM Muhyiddin has mentioned that due to the rapid outbreak of the Covid-19 virus in Malaysia, drastic measures needed to be taken.