Shower Immediately Before Interacting With Anyone After Buying Groceries, Says Ministry of Health
If you’re Malaysian, you will no doubt have known that as of right now, our country is under a Movement Control Order that has been enforced since 18th March 2020, and will last up to 1st April 2020 as of writing. Which means that during this period, you won’t be allowed to go about as you please, and only the head of your household is permitted to go buy groceries.
In which case, it is incredibly important that you heed these new guidelines released by the Ministry of Health, which applies specifically for those who have returned from buying groceries outside.
In a recent Tweet from the Ministry of Health, there are five steps that you should do before interacting with any of your family members after buying groceries.
The steps are as follows:
- Remove your face mask and immediately dispose of it.
- Do not interact with your family members.
- Shower immediately and remove all clothes worn. Soak your clothes in soapy water before washing.
- Ensure your face and hands are thoroughly washed as you shower.
- After all these steps are completed, only should you interact with your family members.
While these steps may seem pretty drastic, they are definitely necessary to help curb the rapid spread of the Covid-19 virus in Malaysia. To date, over 1,306 cases and 10 fatalities have been reported in Malaysia due to Covid-19 as of noon yesterday (22nd March 2020), according to The Star.
Given that fact, Malaysians are advised to be sure to abide by the rules as stipulated by the Movement Control Order and ensure that they remain in their homes until the order is lifted. Stay safe everyone!