Aftermath: 21 Landslides & 37 Locations Where Trees Uprooted and Branches Fallen in KLjessie tan
Flood waters in the Klang Valley have reportedly begun to recede, however its aftermath continues to stay. The floods in Kuala Lumpur have caused plenty of road closures as well as power cuts.
The 21 areas affected by landslides are:
- 22 Lorong Travers
- Bangsar Indah Condominium
- Bukit Nanas public parking
- Jalan 2/98 (Taman Supreme)
- Jalan Bukit Ledang (Damansara)
- Jalan Durian 3 (Cheras)
- Jalan Kelantan (Bukit Persekutuan)
- Jalan Kiara 3 (Segambut Tengah)
- Jalan Pantai Permai (Pantai Hillpark)
- Jalan Perkasa (Taman Salak Selatan)
- Jalan Segambut (Segambut Tengah)
- Kg Palimbayan (Sg Penchala)
- Lorong Burhanuddin Helmi 4 (Taman Tun Dr Ismail)
- Lot 2979 (Jalan Penchala Indah)
- No. 263 (Taman Damansara Indah)
- No. 5 (Lorong Bukit Pantai 3)
- Persiaran Negeri Sembilan
- Segambut Dalam health clinic
- Seri Duta I (Bukit Tunku)
- Setiawangsa (Cerun C)
- the roads near Carcosa Seri Negara
DBKL has also identified 37 locations where trees were uprooted and branches had fallen, including in Jalan Bukit Damansara 195, Jalan Pantai Permai and Muzium Di Raja Bukit Petaling.
Meanwhile, they added that 1,275 personnel from various agencies including the Drainage and Irrigation Department, Health Department, Malaysia Civil Defence Force, and Fire and Rescue Department had been deployed to help in rescue and cleaning operations.
In terms of road closures, DBKL revealed that several roads are still closed, including Jalan Rahmat near World Trade Centre Kuala Lumpur (WTCKL), roads in Kampung Seri Delima, Jinjang Selatan and Lorong Jambu Laut, Kampung Batu Delima.
It said that most of the other roads flooded yesterday had been opened to traffic, including Jalan Melaka, Jalan Raja Chulan and all roads near Leisure Mall Cheras.