4 Hightlights About GSC’s Aurum Theatre In The Gardens Malljessie tan
Aurum Theatre recently made its Malaysian debut in The Mall, Mid Valley Southkey. But instead of travelling all the way to Johor Bahru, locals in the Klang Valley now have easy access to it.
Last week, Golden Screen Cinemas (GSC) held the official launch for brand-new, ultra-luxe boutique cinema. For the initiated, Aurum takes after the Latin word and chemical element that represents gold. So what makes it a true cinematic luxury? It features opulent halls, contemporary continental, dining from Jin Gastrobar, plus bespoke hospitality at your service.
1. Getha Lux Suite: Exquisite designer recliners
Exclusively crafted by famed Italian architect, Marco Fumagalli, one of the highlights are the Getha Lux Suites that comes with “two-motor luxury recliners made with the company’s trademark 100% pure natural latex foam cushioning” and “nano-silver antibacterial covers, plush pillows that deliver excellent support, and a silky fleece blanket to snuggle under for absolute comfort“.
- Other amenities: side table with a personal lamp, wireless & USB charger for smartphones, compartment to store one’s belongings.
- The Gardens Mall GSC presently has 2 Getha Lux Suite halls
- Ticket costs RM150/pax
2. 2 other lavish halls for every audience
In addition to the Getha Lux Suites, Aurum Theatre also has 2 other options that are equally luxurious and expensive. You could consider either the classic Gold Class ambience (2 Comfort Cabin halls available) that has a more cinematic journey feel, while the Escape Studios (3 themed halls available) have a more adventurous, unique, and fun setting.
Each seat costs RM120 per person.
The Comfort Cabins fast facts:
- built with individual privacy panels that allows you to recline
- comes with a fuzzy fleece blanket from Getha
- a side table that swivels out for viewers to enjoy food and drinks
- a wireless charger, personal lamp, and a drawer for belongings
Escape Studios fast facts:
- no two Escape Studio auditoriums are the same – they’ve got the minimalism of Scandinavian hygge, colourful Warholesque retro pop art, and Wes Anderson-inspired visual hall
- super Instagram-worthy
- in-hall service call button and fleece blankets to wrap one’s self with
- seating vary from LA-Z Boy rockers to IMG recliners to even four-seater couches
3. A reserved space to call your own
If you’re looking to rent a smaller venue for closed screenings, business functions, or
family gatherings, Aurum Theatre’s Private Screen room is available for renting. It can host up to 20 pax for “an intimate movie night in true sophistication, complete with food and
drink served from a standalone bar with a dedicated host“.
4. Good food to soothe the soul
A golden ticket to Aurum Theatre entitles the movie-goer entry to Jin Gastrobar where you’ll get to choose from curated meal platters with vegetarian options and ala carte dishes. Aurum Pass holders are advised to show up at Jin Gastrobar 45 minutes before the movie starts in order to enjoy one’s gastronomical journey.
Alternatively, customers can also order an assortment of food directly from their seats – as aforementioned, the call button is at your service.
For more information, log on to www.gsc.com.my.