Planning A Party? Check Out These 5 Must-Try DIY Refreshments To Wow Your Guests!jessie tan
As the year-end festivities approach us, many Malaysians are counting down the days to be reunited with all of their loved ones. This also means that a lot of you are probably busy prepping to host holiday parties or dinners (while still abiding by SOPs, of course!). But figuring out the right menu for your guests can be a puzzle. Thus, we’ve put together a little list of our favourite refreshments that are super easy to DIY yet will guarantee to impress your guests! Read on to find out.
1. Fruity cider jello shots
This would be a really fun way to serve refreshments to your guests and it’s also incredibly easy to make! Here’s how to make it:
- Heat up a cider of your choice in a saucepan and stir in gelatin powder until fully dissolved. We’d recommend using a watermelon flavoured cider as the sweet and fruity taste will be perfect for this recipe.
- Pour them in small individual cups and you can also sprinkle some fresh fruits like strawberry or peaches.
- Let it completely set until it becomes the right jelly consistency and serve them chilled to your guests.
2. Fresh fruit popsicles
Another super easy recipe that requires minimal effort but we bet that your guests will surely love this. Here’s how to make it:
- Pour your preferred beverage into a popsicle mould. To make it more fun, we’d recommend using a blackberry flavoured cider as the sweetness will go well with fresh fruits.
- Throw in some fresh fruits into the mix. Our favourites are diced up strawberries, peaches or lychee as these fruits will complement any flavoured beverage you use.
- Let the whole thing freeze and you can serve it to your guests as a palate cleanser after the main course.
3. Refreshing cider slushie
With Malaysia’s all-year-long summer weather, there is never a bad time to serve some slushies to your guests! Here’s how to make it:
- Follow the recipe in point #2 and make some fruity cider popsicles ice cubes. We’d highly recommend using a light-flavoured cider like an elderflower and lime flavour to emphasise the freshness of this drink.
- When you’re ready to serve the slushies, simply blend them in a blender or food processor until you get the slushie consistency. Easy peasy!
4. Spiced party punch
If you’re inviting a big group of guests, then this recipe would be a lifesaver! You can make them in big batches and it’s also easy to serve. Here’s how to make it:
- Pour your cider into a pan along with some sugar and just a teaspoon of ground cinnamon. For this recipe, we’d highly recommend using apple cider as it will go very well with the cinnamon.
- Mix everything well over medium flame and once they’re well combined, transfer it into a large punch bowl and mix it with more Apple cider or you can also add in some regular apple juice.
- As the last step, you can garnish it with some lemon or orange slices and some ice cubes and let your guests help themselves.
Pro tip: make extra punch and freeze them in ice cube trays so that whenever you add ice cubes to the bowl, it will keep the drink cool but won’t water it down!
5. Mixed fruit cocktail
This cocktail recipe will taste like summer in a cup and it will surely be a hit at your next party. Here’s how to make it:
- Put some sliced cucumber and mint leaves in a glass.
- Pour in a mixture of chilled elderflower and lime flavoured cider with a little bit of fresh lemonade or lime juice.
- For maximum freshness, serve it with ice.
For this drink, you can either mix the drink in a glass or if you’re expecting a big group, you can also serve it in a punch bowl and let your guests serve themselves.
See anything you’d like to recreate? If you do, we’d highly recommend trying out these recipes with Somersby’s line of fruity ciders! Known for their refreshing taste and easy-to-drink appeal, Somersby ciders will be the perfect beverage to serve at your party, especially because they come in various fruity flavours which means there is something for everyone to enjoy!
Just check out our top four favourite flavours from Somersby:
Somersby’s Apple cider is the ultimate crowd-favourite flavour that has become their signature. It is well-loved for its well-balanced taste of sparkling sweetness with fruity and sour hints that give a pleasantly fresh experience to the drinkers. This Apple cider would be the perfect drink to have at a dinner party as the flavour is loved by many and it goes well with common festive dishes such as roasted chicken, seafood dishes or even pizza!
One of the new flavours from Somersby, this Watermelon Cider is quickly becoming another crowd-pleaser. The intense fruity sweetness just proves why it is loved by many but the slight acidity also keeps it from being too overwhelming and gives it a nice balance. We usually love to have this Watermelon cider with appetisers at a party, especially because it goes well with salads and pastries.
If you’re a berry lover, this is for you! The Blackberry cider from Somersby has everything you’re looking for in a refreshing beverage as it has that intense apple cider taste but it is well balanced with notes of fruity blackberry, making it smooth and easy to drink. The Blueberry cider is another great option to serve at your dinner party, especially because it pairs really well with dessert, pastries and fruity melons.
- If you’re looking for something fresh and light, then you’ll love Somersby’s Elderflower and Lime flavour! What makes it stand out is the mixture of floral and fruity notes that you get from the apple cider and elderflower which is further complemented by the tanginess of the lime.
Because the Elderflower and Lime flavour is so refreshing, it is a great choice to have as a palate cleanser after you’ve just had the main course at a dinner party, or it also goes well with dishes like pasta carbonara and salads.
Psstt… our personal favourite is the Watermelon flavour. It honestly tastes like summer in a bottle!
If you love these Somersby ciders as much as we do, then you’d be glad to know that they are available to purchase at any local supermarket and hypermarket. Alternatively, you can also get them delivered straight to your doorstep by ordering via their official stores on Shopee or Lazada.
Trust us, they will be the perfect addition to your party. So, don’t wait around guys! Make sure to stock up on your Somersby ciders today, okay? For more information on these ciders, you can head over to the Somersby website. You can also follow them on Facebook and Instagram for the latest news and promos!
Remember guys, Somersby products should only be consumed by non-Muslims aged 21 and above. And no matter what you do, DON’T drink and drive, okay!