This Is How You Can Claim Your Free RM30 eTunai Rakyatjessie tan
In case you haven’t heard, the Malaysian government has announced that all eligible Malaysians will be entitled to claim RM30 as part of the eTunai Rakyat initiative.
What is eTunai Rakyat? It’s the government’s initiative to increase eWallet usage in the country. You can redeem it from 3 popular eWallet platforms namely – Grab, Touch ‘n Go eWallet and Boost.
Here are some key things to note:
- Redemption period: 15th January 2020 – 14th March 2020
- Who is eligible?: All Malaysian citizens aged 18-years-old and above; earns less than RM100,000.
You can only redeem the RM30 credit only once, even though you might have all 3 eWallet apps on your phone. Each user will have to verify the eWallet with your own IC. You wil then be required to take a facial verification in the form of a selfie.
Once you’ve completed the procedure, a link will appear in the app (make sure it’s updated) to let you claim the RM30 incentive. You are required to wait a fews working days (depending on which eWallet app you use) before the cash is credited into your account.
The free RM30 can be used to spend at any supported eWallet merchants or their in-app services such as Grab rides, RFID toll payments, or movie ticket purchases. However, if you’re still undecided on which eWallet to claim, this might help you out:
- eTunai Rakyat processing requires 5 working days.
- Options: GrabCar, GrabFood, GrabMart and GrabExpress
- In-app payment integration: Kaodim, OYO, Agoda, SOCAR, JomParking and more.
- Can also use for QR payments at merchant stores, pay for bill and purchase prepaid reloads.
- Has reward point system.
2. TnG eWallet
- eTunai Rakyat processing requires 3 working days.
- Requires account verification as seen in the screenshots above.
- Seamless payments for RFID toll system, retail merchants via QR code, pay bills and street parking.
- Don’t not have reward point system but occasionally offer cashback promos.
- Has a Cashup feature that allow users to get cashback from retailers.
- Boostup reward system where you can earn coins for redemption.
Sources: Soya Cincau, Vocket.
Leave a Reply